Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Super Smash Bros. 3DS - All Characters Unlocked

Finally got all the characters!
Spent some more time last night unlocking the last few characters (for now, I suspect we will eventually get more via DLC).

1. Bowser Jr.
First up is Bowser Jr. I picked him up after 100 matches. He is actually quite good and fun to play (and he is actually 8 characters in 1 due to all the Koopalings being skins - I seem to always get Larry when I play on random). I had a blast with this fight, I happened to be playing Bowser (playing Random matches) and it was fun to watch them beat on eachother.

2. Duck Hunt
If you ever played Duck Hunt on the NES you know how endearingly annoying that dog was! (everyone tried to shoot him even though it didn't do anything) He is very much the same in this game, he is annoyingly good even though he doesn't seem like he would be and the extra characters he can summon (from the other Light Gun games on the NES by the way, nice cameos Nintendo) can be deadly. I am a little ashamed to say I lost to him initially while playing as I think Falco.

3. Jigglypuff
Jigglypuff returns! Just like in the previous games, Jigglypuff is a BEAST in smash bros, the way she floats and glides but can 'sting like a bee' so the saying goes, is deadly, plus the all power Sing move that puts people to sleep - along with Kirby she is an often underestimated but very powerful foe.

3. Mii Fighters
I also didn't realize I could unlock the Mii Fighters from the beginning by just making one. I went ahead and made one of each (based on my personal Mii of course) The Gunfighter I made Defensive and quick (at the cost of Attack), the Swordfighter I made with Strong Attack and decent Defense but slow, and the Brawler I made speedy with decent attack but low defense. I named them BobbaShane, SirShane and SSJShane - if by the off chance you see me online sometime you'll know who it is!

I'm actually quite impressed by the Mii Fighters, they have a decent skill set, and the three types plus the customization of Speed/Attack/Defense allows for probably dozens of combinations. I was having fun with them and I'll likely put them (as a group) up as my third alternate.

So my Main Fighters will be:

Mega Man
Little Mac
Ike

Secondary Fighters will be:
Bowser
Meta Knight
Mii Fighter(s)

Third String
Mario, Peach, Bowser Jr., Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Link, Zelda, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Toon Link, Game & Watch, Marth, Kirby, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Duck Hunt, Rob, Nes, Wii Fit Trainer

Fourth String (I still want to be decent with these but I'll likely rarely use them)
Luigi, Yoshi, Rosalina, Wario, Sheik, Gannondorf, Pit, Palutena, Robin, King Dedede, Fox, Falco, Charizard, Lucario, Greninja, Captain Falcon, Villager, Olimar, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Lucina, Shulk, Pac Man, Sonic

So many awesome characters (not just because of their games, really there are a lot of different great fighters in these Smash Bros. games!)

Next I am going to take on the Classic and All-Star Modes and some of the Stadium min-games along with the Smash Run games.

Then I'll head online! Man there is so much awesome in this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment