Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Super Smash Bros. 3DS - Playthrough to Unlock Stuff

Got Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS this weekend - now to try to unlock everything
I played the Demo for Smash on the 3DS a few weeks ago (I got the code from Club Nintendo and then later played it with a friend) so I had already had a little experience with the control scheme on the 3DS. I have read articles about people damaging their circle pads and getting hand cramps, but I've never had issues with the game (to be fair I've never had controller issues much at all with any game as I don't play for more than a few hours and am apparently not very hard on my controllers)

Anyways I was unfortunately away for the weekend on a trip to the mountains with my friends, but I came home Monday to find my copy of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS on the porch! I cracked it out and played for a few hours, just doing single matches with each character to try to unlock all the characters and get a feel for everybody. (I was also raiding in Clash of Clans and watching TV, so - multitasking yah!)

1. Ness
First up was the obligatory Ness unlock, I got him after doing 10 matches (mostly Mario, Luigi, Link, etc. all the mid-range fighters). He is quite similar to Ness from brawl so I will likely make him a second string fighter this time around just like then.

2. Falco
Next up is Falco, unlocked him after 20 matches. He is again basically the same as brawl and again almost a clone of Fox. I'm not the best with the fastest characters (Fox, Falco, Sonic, etc.) so I'll likely stay away from them.
3. Wario
I unlocked Wario at 30 matches, he is also very similar to his brawl setup and wasn't my favorite there. Bowser or Ike (or maybe the Duck Hunt Dog once I test him out) will likely be my heavy hitter.

4. Lucina
The first new character I unlocked was Lucina at 40 matches, she plays similar to Marth but has some cool features - I may test her out more, either her or Robin will likely become one of my top fighters.

Also I made sure to fight with all the new characters I could just to give them tests and I am leaning towards these as my mains right now (I usually have 3-4 in any Smash game):

1. Mega Man
2. Little Mac

3. Lucina or Robin

4. Bowser

Mega Man is likely going to be one of my mains this go round, Along with Little Mac, I have had loads of fun already with both of them and could see myself getting good with them. I will likely throw in Bowser as he's been a main for me since Melee. And I am leaning towards either Lucina or Robin to replace Marth/Roy/Ike that I usually throw in - although I may mix it up and explore some other characters. In the past I was good with Ness, Game & Watch, King DeeDeeDee, Toon Link, Pikachu, Zelda and several others (I try to play as a variety of characters).

Hopefully I'll unlock all the characters by the end of the week and really start exploring who I want to try to get good with again. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment